Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Signs

Ladies and gentlmen, God is good.

I really have no idea how she finds me in the randomest ways to show me, "hey guess what, you're an ass, of course I didn't abandon you." But she does. And for this I am oh so grateful. Just last week I told my friend Rey, "I'm hitting another wall. This can't be it, my whole life can't revolve around my job, I love it, but its not enough. I need help and I don't even begin to know where to go." And since that moment, I have been inundated with not only gifts for how to get through that feeling, but reasons as to how I got there in the first place. Just tonight, one of my favorite authors asked on her blog "Have any of you, my faithful readers, experienced the challenges of being an American daughter with traditional Latin American parents? How did you handle it? What were the concerns your family had?"

Through that question I was able to read the opinions of women who have had much of the same life experiences with their parents and struggled to peice together what that means to them.

No comments: